Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Return To Autumn

My all time favorite season is Autumn. I love when the days get shorter and the nights get cooler. I can often be found snuggled up in bed ready for an early nights sleep as the evening approaches. One thing I dislike about Autumn is the inevitable slow down that my body has as it arrives. Once I start seeing pumpkins arriving in the markets I know it's bulk up season. Which, isn't going to work for me. How am I planning on maintaining myself for these next few cold months.
Here are some of my plans
- Cut back on carbs. This is a tough one because in all honesty I'm a carbophile. But smart swaps can help. Zoodles instead of pasta. Butter lettuce leaves instead of bread for burgers and sandwiches.
- Go meatless one - two nights a week. I love my slow cooker this time of year but I plan on opting in for a few meatless salads and veggie heavy meals this season.

- More greens less fruit for my smoothies.

- Hot lemon water... Mix in a little bit of almond milk, cinnamon and skip those PSL's 

- Move my butt! The time to recommit to myself is now. Pump up the cardio, get a few more miles in as possible a week, challenge myself.

- Eggs they are eggcellent. I love making a frittata loaded with veggies on Sunday evening this gives me an easy lunch option during the week.

- Green juice. Mix a batch in the morning and stay sipping all day. Favorites to add
Sweet greens
Ginger 
Cucumber
Peppers
Lemon
Paprika 
That right there is a recipe for sweet success.


No comments :

Post a Comment