Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mermaid Life


I just love me a bubble bath. Slipping into hot scented bubbles turning down the lights and turning on some mellow tunes, is the life I'm all about. The Mermaid Life,
 I like to call it. My life is busy. I'm a parent, a business owner, a daughter, sister, and  a friend. Often my own self care gets pushed to the way side. This is an issue I am always trying to remedy. Of all of the activities that fill my work and personal calendar, I am always sure to keep one appointment on the books. My Sunday night bubble bath. It's become my ritual. I love rituals they fill my life with whimsy, balance and a little bit of magic.

I don't just soak in a bubble bath to pamper myself, although if I'm being honest that is reason enough. I take bubble baths because they are good for you.

Bubble baths can:

Soften your skin
Induce relaxation
Provide relief for sore muscles
Increase blood flow
Help to induce a peaceful nights sleep.

I add a little bit of everything to my bath. From essential oils, sea salts, and also homemade bath teas. I like to think of my appointment with myself as bubble bath extravaganza.

Here are a few of my favorite recipes.

Mommy Needs Some Beauty Sleep Bath -
has it been a long day, week, month? maybe this time change has you wrecked? This is the bath for you.

a handful of dried lavendar or chamomile flowers
10 drops of lavendar essential oil
10 drops of rose essential oil
5 drops of peru balsam essential oil

Achy Breaky Body Bath -
too many downward dogs, one too many miles on the track, or your feet are killing you from power shopping... soak this up.

 2 handfuls of epsom salts
 10 drops of camphor essential oil
 10 drops of geranium essential oil
 5 drops of ginger essential oil

* this bath is very effective after a  work out or after you receive body work. when you work out or get body work your muscles get toned. this toning will release lactic acid that can leave you feeling achy for a few days. i find this bath very effective in helping with the process of flushing your body free of the lactic acid. wanna step that flush up? drink a large glass of ice cold water with lemon while in the tub.

Time To Be Queen Bath
because you know you are.

5 cups of  Vitamin D milk
1/3 cup of honey
5 drops of patchouli essential oil
5 drops of sandalwood essential oil
4 drops ylang ylang

*milk baths are great to soften your skin because of the lactic acid in milk.make sure you soak and rinse. do not clean yourself with the milk as its not soap.

Bliss Tox Bath
because sometimes we go overboard on the weekend.

one handful of epsom salts
one half cup of baking soda
5 drops of peppermint essential oil
2 drops lavendar essential oil
2 drops ginger essential oil

Date Night Bubble Bath
soften and scent your skin for a good old time, a roll in the hay? well that's totally up to you.

2 teaspoons of avacado oil
5 drops clove essential oil
5 drops rose essential oil
3 drops jasmine essential oil

No comments :

Post a Comment