Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Aromatherapy!







The term “aromatherapy massage” refers to a popular method of relaxation and healing following a set of effective massage techniques.  Tracing back time, ancient peoples made use of different types of natural oils extracted from the plants and herbs they believed assisted in healing.   It is well known today that this method promotes mental, physical, and emotional relief. The secret to the effectiveness of aromatherapy massage is due to the aroma of the different essential oils used.   While each essential oil has different healing properties, the oils used in aromatherapy massage activate the nerve endings in the nose and which in turn deliver the impulses to the brain, stimulating memories and emotions. Many common aromatherapy oils, like lavender, have a soothing and calming effect which aids in relaxation

.Some documented benefits of aromatherapy massage are:
 Aids in fighting off the symptoms   of illnesses.
 Relieves stress.
 Tones down attacks of depression.
 Promotes sound sleeping. 
 Helps discomfort in pregnant women. 
 Helps fight off colds. 
 Contributes to a person's alertness. 
 Alleviates pain.

I use aromatherapy in my every day life. In practice and in my home aromatherapy  relieves muscle aches, head aches, it helps to induce sleep on a little person that won't agree to bed time. I very rarely reach for an aspirin. If I have a headache or pain anywhere in my body I reach for my collection of essential oils and use natural remedies to heal my body. 

No comments :

Post a Comment