Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Blissful Beauty Elixir











I pretty much stopped drinking coffee about 6 months ago. I was noticing that coffee really was not doing anything for me or my energy level. I was still feeling tired and come 3 pm I would have a major coffee crash. My skin was also feeling tired, dry and lacking all sorts of luster. I made a change for the better with my beauty elixir.

1 hot cup of water
1 slice of lemon 
few sprinkles of cinnamon 
few sprinkles of tumeric
a few sprinkles of grated ginger

Not only does this elixir taste way great its also good for you. Many people sip hot water and lemon each morning to jump start their bodies natural cleaning properties. Hot water with lemon is also very helpful to:

balance out pH levels
help with digestion issues
hydrate our lymph systems
give our immune systems a boost
clear up your skin


I have added herbs and roots to this morning ritual not only does it make it even tastier but there are tons of health benefits too:

Cinnamon is a great herb to help with arthritis relief, acts as an anti inflammatory and anti bacterial agent as well as regulates blood sugar.

Tumeric is helpful in fat metabolism and can help with weight management. Tumeric is also a natural detoxifier for your liver. Tumeric is also a  very powerful anti inflammatory herb.

Ginger root is awesome for digestion, it can reduce pain and inflammation as well as, prevent colds and flus, relieve migraines and menstrual cramps.

What I found was that it was not really coffee I required in the morning as part of my day as much as it was me needing to take in something warm into my body each morning. Switching my morning ritual from coffee to my beauty elixir has been something I really needed. Not only did I slim down from omitting the creamer and sweetener in my cup each day, my skin looks amazing. Literally its been glowing and I get even more compliments on it. I don't have the 3 pm coffee crash, I'm actually able to stay up later at night with out feeling too exhausted. I don't munch in between clients as much as I used to,  the lemon and cinnamon really help me regulate my blood sugar. I sip this elixir all day and I feel quiet satisfied.

Do you think you could put down the coffee and mix up your own elixir?


No comments :

Post a Comment