Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's The Yum: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie



I love pumpkins! I love their look and their taste. To me there is something magical about pumpkins. Maybe it's the whole Cinderella tie in or just when I see them I know my favorite time of year has arrived. Plus we are that much closer to Halloween.

I thought sharing my pumpkin pie smoothie recipe would be a great hump day post. This recipe was inspired by a posting I saw on greatist.com. I altered it a smidge to suit what I had in the house and to save me some calories.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 half can of canned pumpkin
2 cups homemade almond milk
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of tumeric
2 teaspoon of cinnamon
a squeeze of agave nectar
1 teaspoon of PB2

This was a hit at my house. It kept me pretty satisfied this morning  and has great flavor . Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A vitamin C magnesium, fiber and essential fatty acids. Plus, they are jam packed with antioxidants. Magnesium is great for you skin, fine lines in particular but the major plus side to magnesium is that is will really battle breakouts. Combined with fiber magnesium and the antioxidants in this smoothie will really work great for a flawless complexion.

Enjoy this magical pumpkin smoothie!

No comments :

Post a Comment